High-performance motor drive applicable to:
- Three-phase asynchronous motors
- Three-phase synchronous motors
- Sinusoidal current regenerative AFE from 1.3kW a 3000kW
The drives of the Sinus PENTA series come with multiple speed control modes and torque control modes for three-phase asynchronous and synchronous motors. Those control modes are user-selectable and ensure optimum performance in terms of accuracy and energy saving for each specific industrial application.
A high-tech solution fitting any industrial application
- Fully made of steel
- Wide range of operating temperature with no derating: -10°C to 55°C
- Tropicalized boards (conformal coating)
- Overload up to 200% for 2 minutes every 20 minutes or 1 minute every 10 minutes (depending on the drive model)
- Peak current up to 240% for 3 seconds
- Input frequency: 50-60Hz
- Integrated RS485 serial port, MODBUS RTU communications protocol
- Wide range of integrated protection features
- Output frequency adjustment from 0 to 599Hz (up to 1000Hz on demand)
- Degree of protection IP00, IP20, IP54
- Parallel configuration also available
- Smart cooling system – Through-panel assembly for the segregation of the servoventilation channels
- SINUS PENTA CABINET/BOX in electrical cabinet also available
- Compatible with TN-S, TN-C, TN-CS and TT networks Compatibility with IT networks available on demand
- Manufactured with top quality materials, totally Made in Italy
- Integrated Safe Torque Off (STO) function, Sil3 and EN ISO 13849-1, PL-d
- Certification: CE, UL, EAC, RCM
- Compatible with the Easy Harmonics software computing harmonic current damping
- Compatible with the “REMOTE DRIVE” software for the remote control of the device
One product, 5 control modes:
- IFD (Inverter Frequency Drive): vector modulation function for general-purpose applications (V/f pattern).
- VTC (Vector Torque Control): sensorless vector function for high-torque performance applications.
- FOC (Field Oriented Control): vector function with encoder for high torque accuracy and wide speed range.
- SYN (Synchronous): vector function for brushless PMSMs featuring high torque accuracy and high energy efficiency.
- RGN (Regenerative): regenerative sinusoidal AC/DC power supply unit, PF =1, for direct power supply of a series of drives.
Outstanding programming flexibility for each specific industrial application.
- Smart Voltage Control now available: innovative algorithm hindering DC voltage increase with no need to apply external braking resistors.
- Open-loop speed accuracy: ±0.5% of max. speed. Closed-loop speed accuracy (with encoder): <0.01% of max. speed.
N.4 overload classes:
- Light: up to 120% for 60s every 10 minutes or for 120s every 20 minutes – Ipeak up to 144% for 3s (depending on the model)
- Standard: up to 140% every 10 minutes or for 120s every 20 minutes – Ipeak up to 168% for 3s (depending on the model)
- Heavy: up to 175% for 60s every 10 minutes or for 120s every 20 minutes – Ipeak up to 210% for 3s (depending on the model)
- Strong: up to 200% every 10 minutes or for 120s every 20 minutes – Ipeak up to 240% for 3s (depending on the model)
Most part of encoders are connected directly to the control board, with no need to connect optional boards for the FOC mode.
- Auto-calibration of the motor parameters tuning
- Advanced connectivity for the integration of a wide range of field buses.
- Extensive range of STANDARD I/Os
The following configuration options may be integrated into the product:
- Braking unit: configuration with braking unit integrated up to size S32 included. An external braking unit is available for sizes greater than S32.
- EMC Filter: Product version featuring integrated input filters in compliance with EN61800-3 2nd ed. In that case, the product ID is differentiated by suffix A1, A2, B. The integrated filters limit disturbance within the allowable ranges.
- Degree of protection IP54: Models with degree of protection IP54 available up to size S32 included (220kW).
- Operating devices: Set of operating devices on the front door, including a potentiometer, a mushroom-head push-button and a key-operated selector switch. Available for IP54 models only.
- Sinus Penta Parallel, configuration in parallel of 2 or 3 drives to control a single motor; available for size S41, S42, S51, S52. Benefits given by this solution: lower cost; improved stock management—the product may be modified for the connection in parallel by way of a special kit available on demand; easier repairings/replacement; space-saving.
- 12-pulse or 18-pulse power supply: from size S41 up, power supply may be 12-pulse/18-pulse to reduce the current harmonic contents in the power supply line.
- The PENTA MARINE drive in Regenerative configuration enables bidirectional interface with the mains, with power factor = 1 (true AFE application). Its true sine wave also enables dramatically reducing the THD below 5% and obtaining THDV = 0.
- Extensive range of external accessories: input and output filters, encoder, resolver, braking resistors, etc.